Donating blood is important and that too for many reasons.
- It reduces the risk of a cancer diagnosis. Means if you donate blood at a regular interval your chance of getting cancer diagnosed is least.
- Reduces the chance of hemochromatosis
- It reduces the risk of liver damages and pancreas.
- Donating blood helps in controlling obesity. If you fade up with your weight and fat start donating blood at regular intervals.
- Donating blood also helps in improving cardiovascular health.
Everyone who is healthy, fit, not suffering any weight loss or not taking regular medicines can donate blood. A blood need in an emergency for anyone can be donated only when the donors have the same blood group of the person critically in demand for blood. Anyone who is in regular medicos, or hypertension, suffering immense weight loss, any serious diagnosis, cancer, etc. are seriously not allowed for Blood donation. Different countries have different age criteria for the eligibility of blood donations like in India one should cross the 18 years of age to donate blood, but many countries have kept that mark of 16 years only.
- It helps in getting old blood out of the body and fresh blood making.
- New blood gets made automatically in 24 to 48 hours when we donate blood.
- Ultimately and also the most important part it helps in saving someone’s life. Our blood donations can bring smiles on many faces
- It purifies blood as new blood cells get created and replaced when the old one gets donated.
- So, after knowing all the medical benefits of blood donations, I want to make you familiar with one more benefit that is relaxation and satisfaction. Try it on your own. When we donate blood we get filled with some inner self-satisfaction of doing something worth saving a life or bringing happiness in many lives.
There are certain rules made for both blood donors and blood receivers and of course, the rules are required to perform as it is imperative both before donating blood and receiving blood. The list of certain mandatory rules I am mentioning below please have a look.
1. One should go for medical checkups before blood donations as it is done in the same very medical station where one can donate blood and it does not take time as well.
2. One must not take any medicines in the last 24 hours at least before donating blood.
3. One must not be intoxicated while donating blood.
4. One must ask the medical experts to check and verify the donor and receiver belongs to the same blood group.
5. One must verify that the donor is not diagnosed with any severe diseases.
6. One must not donate blood if he or she is observing regular weight loss or if he or she is under malnutrition.
There is almost no side effect for blood donations but one can feel little dizzy, nauseous, and weak immediately after donating blood. It is natural as well when we donate blood, we lose some of the important cells which leads to little weakness but it doesn’t last too long as our body is competent enough to make blood within 24 to 48 hours. Donating blood gives our body to purify our complete circulatory system and create new cells. However, it may lead to severe impact if a person is donating blood in ill health and immense weight loss. If a person is donating blood when he or she is on regular medicine then he may not have any effect but the patient who will use that blood surely will have a harmful impact. Hence go for a medical examination before blood donation as it does not take so much time.
1. The age eligibility criteria are different in many countries but one should not be less than 16 years of age before donating blood. Many countries have 16 at their minimum age criteria and many have 18.
2. He or she is strongly not allowed to donate blood if they are undergoing weight loss and malnutrition. It may have severe consequences.
3. One is strongly not allowed to participate in any blood donation activities if he or she is going through regular medicos.
4. If anybody is diagnosed with severe diseases like cancer etc, he or she must register any blood donations.
5. Anyone undergoing critically unhealthy conditions should also avoid blood donations campaigns.
Anyone who is met an accident or ill with any severe ailment and immediate blood is required then the patient’s family sought for the help with immediate blood donation. Even the hospitals accept blood donations to store blood in order to meet requirements in emergency cases.
It is hard to say which blood type is rarest in the world since they’re linked to genetics. It is considered that O- is one of the rarest blood group, however, AB- is the rarest blood group in united states. So, it basically depends on the nation’s genetics and population demography.
Can I give blood if I smoke, this question is very common among donors? Smoking cigarettes will not have any effect on your blood donation intention, but try to refrain smoking on the day of appointment of blood donation or the day you are out to help an emergency patient. Try to escape regular blood donation if you are a chain-smoker, it may harm the receiver.